Tuesday, October 26, 2010

11.6 inch 2010 MacBook Air

FedEx just delivered my new ultra slim 11.6 inch MacBook Air (MBA) and it is a thing of beauty. The screen is bright and sharp, boots really really fast (under 15 seconds) and it can do things that my iPad cannot do - much better content creation capabilities. iPad is great for content consumption but it's lacking for any sort of content creation. Above all MBA runs OS X so enough said.

iPad is great for playing games (I am addicted to Angry Birds), reading books for short hours indoors, watching videos and casual browsing. The battery life on the iPad is just awesome. I regularly get around 12 hours doing a variety of tasks. I haven't tested the battery life on the new MBA but I read people reporting that they are getting close to 6 hours.

MBA weighs around 2.3 pounds a little heavier than my 1.6 pound WiFi+3G iPad but it doesn't feel like it's heavier. May be that's because the iPad is a slab and may be due to it's distribution of weight.

Overall this new MBA is just awesome!

1.4 GHz/4 GB RAM/64 GB Flash storage











No comments: