Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Living Room Upgrades

As my 15 month old son started messing with our TV and other electronics in our living room, I finally blocked a weekend to do some rearrangements. Little did I know at that time how big of a project I was about to start.

First and foremost I mounted our LCD on the wall. I bought a Sanus tilting wall mount from Best Buy and with the tools so graciously provided by one of my colleagues at work, I was able to complete the task in under 2 hours. Our old TV stand was a beautiful piece of furniture with glass shelves but it didn't come with any doors. So it was really inviting for my son to fiddle with the volume control on our Home Theatre receiver and other gadgetry sitting on the glass shelves. So I went ahead and bought a new TV stand with glass doors from one of the local stores. It took me around a couple of hours to assemble this stand.

We had our front home theatre speakers mounted on iron stands and they were in a bad shape because of all the beating taken from my son. So I decided to replace our home theatre. I purchased the new Denon AVR 991 that is network connected. It is a very awesome AVR with multi-zone support and all the latest goodies. To go with this awesome AVR, I purchased KEF KBT 2005.3 speakers and the Sub Woofer. So by the time all this equipment got delivered and hooked up it was almost 2 weeks from when I started this whole project. Scope creep it is.

No comments: