Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awesome Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad 2

So as you know from my earlier post that I bought an 32 GB WiFi iPad 2 on the launch day (Mar 11, 2011).

I am loving the iPad 2 so far and I can feel the performance differences in almost every single app from Mobile Safari to 'The Daily'. Now iPad came shipped with iOS 4.3 and this new iOS revision gave some very cool performance gains including the Nitro JS engine for Mobile Safari but the zippiness introduced by the new A5 dual core processor is very hard not to notice. So far so good.

Typing on the iPad and I mean any decenly long text like this blog spot can be a chore with the on-screen keyboard. So I decided to go look for an external keyboard. Unfortunately the iPad 1 keyboard dock doesn't work iPad 2. So I went ahead and bought a 'Targus Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPad' from Amazon and it is very cool.

Initial impressions
  • It is very, very light.
  • It has shortcuts for the home screen, search screen and the photos app for the iPad including media playback controls like the standard volume controls etc.
  • At US$ 56.26 (as of now) it is cheaper than the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard which is selling for US$ 69.
  • It is black and looks good with my black iPad 2.
What's in the box?
  • Instructions
  • Two Energizer AAA batteries

Recommendation

Great companion for iPad 1/iPad 2





No comments: